Throwing a spooktacular Halloween party this year? The kids won’t be disappointed with Denny’s terrifying Halloween Toasties. We’ve made ours using petrifying pumpkin cutters but feel free to use your favourite Halloween shapes for the ultimate party spread.
You will need:
- 1 (17.3-oz) package puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 and 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1 pack Denny Cooked Ham
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 200C. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Unfold pastry sheets. Using a pumpkin-shaped cutter, cut out 12 mini pumpkins, laying them flat on the parchment paper.
- Spread about 1 Tbsp of pizza sauce over 6 of the mini pumpkin cut outs. Sprinkle the cheese in the center of the pastry pumpkins and place a slice of Denny Cooked Ham on top (cut to size if needed). Sprinkle with some of the Italian seasoning.
- Place the remaining 6 pumpkin cut outs on top of each pastry. Press the edges firmly to seal the pumpkin pastries (you made need to wet the sides a little with water to ensure they remain sealed).
- In a bowl, beat the egg slightly. Using a pastry brush, glaze each pumpkin pastry with the egg wash and bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Be sure to share your terrifying creations with us, it might even feature on our website!