We’re turning the nation’s favourite Denny Gold Medal sausages into Spooky Mummy Sausages this Halloween! Not only are these super fun to make, they’re a perfect party food option and can be dipped into your favourite blood-like red sauce for some added gore – Oh and they taste great too!
These Sausage Mummies can be served hot or cold and take only approximately 20-30 minutes to make.
You will need:
- 1 pack of shortcrust pastry
- 8 Denny Gold Medal Pork Sausages
- 1 egg (for the egg wash)
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas Mark 6. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry and measure the sausages on the pastry cutting the pastry into strips with a sharp knife.
- Beginning at the base of the sausage, wrap the pastry strip around the sausage moving upwards.
- Pull the pastry tightly around the sausage and using a little water, press down the pastry so it doesn’t unravel. Leave a gap at the top of the sausage for the sausage mummies ‘face’.
- Whisk the egg lightly in a bowl and brush each sausage mummy with the egg wash. Place the sausages onto the baking tray and cook in the preheated oven for 15-20 mins until the pastry is golden and crisp. Once they’ve cooled draw on the scary faces using writing icing.
Be sure to share your spooktacular creations with us!