We’ve prepared this simple, yet indulgent Denny Bacon Wrapped Date recipe to wow your dinner party guests with very little effort. These delicious canapes can be prepared hours before the party giving you more time to mingle with your guests. We recommend allowing the bacon wrapped dates to cool before serving.
You will need:
- Two 240g packs Denny Traditional Rashers
- 20-24 Medjool Dates (350-450g)
- 110g Blue Cheese or Goats Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Using a sharp knife, slit the sides of the date and remove the pits if your date has them.
- Using a teaspoon, stuff each date with your desired cheese, using the back of the spoon to press the cheese into the date. Press the date closed.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half. Wrap each date with a half-strip of bacon and secure the end of the bacon with a toothpick.
- Arrange the dates on the baking sheet, spacing them an inch apart and lay them on one side.
- Bake for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, flip the dates to the other side.
- Continue baking for another 15 to 20 minutes until the bacon is crispy.
- Transfer the dates to a plate with a paper towel to drain.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.
We love to see your recipes using Denny products! Be sure to share your delicious creations with us by leaving your recipe on our contact page. We might even feature it on our website!