Go the whole hog on Christmas morning with a pastry pie filled with layered Denny sausages and rashers, black and white pudding, hash browns, eggs and beans. This will definitely keep you full until Christmas dinner!
1 x 500g block of puff pastry
12 hash browns
1 x 227g pack of Denny Gold Medal Sausages
½ x 199g Denny Black Pudding, sliced
½ x 199g Denny White Pudding, sliced
1 x 400g tin of baked beans
6 small eggs, plus 1 beaten for brushing
8 Denny Traditional Cure Rashers, chopped
- Roll out the block of puff pastry and cut in two. Use one half of the pastry to line a large baking dish. Prick the bottom all over with the tines of a fork.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Place the hash browns on a baking tray and cook for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly, leaving the oven on.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan over a high heat and cook the sausages and sliced puddings for 5-6 minutes until golden brown and just cooked through. Add the chopped rashers and cook for 2-3 minutes until barely golden.
- Pour half of the baked beans into the bottom of the pastry case. Top with a layer of the hash browns, followed by the sausages and pudding slices.
- Make six little spaces amongst the sausages and carefully crack an egg into each space. Sprinkle over the chopped rashers, then spread over the remaining beans.
- Place the remaining pastry on top, crimping the edges and trimming away any excess. Brush the top of the pie with beaten egg and pierce a few holes with the tip of a sharp knife.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the filling is piping hot throughout. Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then slice and serve.